Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Can You Make It Go "WOW"??????

I get asked that question a zajillion times - and my answer is pretty much always the same: Yes.
But my definition of "wow" and yours....may be a smidge different :) For those of you that have watched my episodes on "Whose Wedding Is It Anyway?" - I have to tell you that making those events come to life is no small feat. It requires a lot of brain power - and trust me when I say that what you see, that finished product - is probably not what I started out with.

To me - making an event pop out of the woodwork requires some sleuthing on my part, I have to play "design detective" and ferret out from a client the things or situations that move them. It could be something as simple as a song or more intense like an emotion - whatever the case, that's the initial parameter I try to work with.

All that other "stuff", the lighting, linens, florals - they are a part of the big picture. I really do consider all of my creations to be sensual in nature in that I do my darndest to capture our 5 senses into the overall flow of a celebration. Hey - anyone can put a white tablecloth and napkins out and call it a day.....but for me, I prefer to let you and your guests actually feel the vibe you are trying to show off. That's my definition of the "wow factor"...and so far, so good :)

No comments: