Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Year In Review






I hope all of you have had a wonderful holiday season - no matter what you celebrate, just spending time with those you love is a WONDERFUL thing!!

2007 has been a great year for us at Premiere Event Management. We have been truly honored to work with fabulous brides and grooms who've given us the opportunity to create our own brand of wedding "magic"..just for them. And at the end of each year, I always find myself reflecting on each of the nuptial celebrations managed during the season and how they all "touch" me in different ways.

I want to thank ALL of my clients for the privilege of working with you - for me, each of you and your weddings were unique and special. Standing in the back of a room, just watching the event flow, seeing you and your guests having the time of your lives - ah, that is what makes my job so very enjoyable.

Being a wedding planner is not what you think - it takes a lot of hard work, dedication to the craft, insight and determination. I know that there are plenty of people out there who think they can just sweep in and do what I do....au contraire, my friends. This is someone's very special day.......and to be perfectly frank - it's not for the amateur. Just because you planned your wedding does not mean that you can immediately manage and negotiate multiple events for diverse individuals and personalities. I bring this up because I run across it ALL OF THE TIME. Yeah - I might make it look easy on T.V. - but the fact of the matter is simple. It's hard work and it requires a skill set that you can't just pick up in the course of a few months.

All of the weddings my company produced this year took a lot of time, teamwork and knowledge. Which is one of the main reasons couples should hire a professional planner..it's our job to know the ins and outs of it all, so you can sit back and enjoy the day......watch the love unfold around you and relax.

Above are a few snippets...call it a trek down "memory lane", of some of the wonderful weddings we managed in 2007 - we are definitely looking forward to 2008 and all of the great couples we'll help on their way to getting hitched!!!!!
Happy New Year from all of us at Premiere Event Management!

Photo credits: (top to bottom)
Joe & Danyette Bartee (Natarsha Wright)
Eric & Lauren Nichols (Michael Clark Photographics)
Alex & Synda Mark (Izabella Lopez)
Rob & Sarah McCracken (Garrett Photography)
Marc & Tia Diggs (Garrett Photography)

2 comments:

Andria of Andria Lewis Events said...

Being a wedding planner is not what you think - it takes a lot of hard work, dedication to the craft, insight and determination.


SO, SO true! Thanks for sharing your work!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Anonymous said...

Amen. Thanks for leading the industry, Linyette, in its fight for legitimacy, respect and accountability. Voices like yours make our struggle worth it, and our efforts worthwhile.

Happy New Year!