Sunday, February 11, 2007

Snow???? YIPPEE!!!

Four little letters I love to put together - SNOW!! The weatherpeople (can't call em' weathermen anymore - we got the ladies handling their meteorological business too!!) are forecasting a winter storm for the mid-Atlantic area. Oh goody!!

I know it may sound a little silly - but I just absolutely adore the thought of a good snow "dunking"..we haven't had a nice snowfall in a minute around these parts, so I think it's time for one to show up!! If you live in my area - you know what will happen over the next 24 hours..folks will head out to the stores to load up on the "neccesities". They would be:
Milk
Bread
Toilet Paper???

For as long as I can remember - those three items have been at the top of the "snow shopping" list. My question is - why????? Seriously, unless you are like our neighbors to the north and inudated with over 100 inches of the white stuff, I'm going to have to say that I don't think you'll run out of the Charmin any time soon :)

However - my shopping list is:
Marshmallows (for the cinnamon/vanilla hot chocolate I make)
Pop Secret Homestyle Popcorn
Chicken Wings (for my infamous buffalo wings)
Utz Potato Chips
Salsa
Snyders Sourdough Pretzels
Lots of Pepsi and Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi (I don't like Coke - sorry!)
Red Hot Dollars and Swedish Fish (even though it sticks to my teeth!!)
A couple of bottles of Verdi (Raspberry Sparkletini & Peach - that stuff is so tasty & cheap at $4.99 a bottle)


So...I'll make sure that I've got all the fixings for a nice day or so inside watching the snow fall. When it's done, I'll go out with my children and play in it - I am such a big kid inside :) Here's to making the best snow angels ever!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know thats right. Forget the toilet paper... people should have enough toilet paper regardless! The Verdi is very good!!!! And Pepsi always will be better then coke.... especially Wild Cherry..but I can't get with the Diet! Oh and My husbands must have homemede buffalo wings when we are snowed in.... I pray I will be making them wings tomorrow if we get snowed in.... here's to the snow angels!!!!