Monday, February 5, 2007

Radio-One's Bridal Extravaganza




I was asked to be the guest speaker for Radio-One's Annual Bridal Show on January 28th - and it was an honor for me. I had two opportunities to "chat" with all of the brides and grooms-to-be that attended this event...and I think all of us had a good time!!

I really enjoy getting out and meeting folks - and sharing with them the good, the bad as well as the ugly (yes....sometimes stuff can get heinious!!) of planning a wedding. My time on stage gave me a chance to talk about the "hot" trends in nuptial designs for the 2007 wedding season (can you say "black & white"!) as well as take questions from the audience on wide ranging topics such as "how much does a wedding really cost?" to "how do I politely ask for money as a wedding gift?" Answer to the second question - there is no polite way. Guests are invited to your wedding to share in the joy that is your celebration - that's it. Should they feel inclined to give you something, so be it. If not - accept their well wishes, and treasure the memories of their attendance at your big event!!

No comments: