Monday, January 3, 2011

The 30 Day Rule......

Happy New Year!!!! Are you one of those lucky people who got engaged over the holiday season? You're not alone - lots of gentlemen got on bended knee to "pop the question" and many ladies said "yes"!! But before you head out to the store to buy a wedding magazine, flip through websites to pick out a flattering color palette or get on the phone to call potential vendors, I'm going to ask you to S-L-O-W D-O-W-N....

Yep - that's right, slow your roll! "Why on earth would I want to do that?", you might ask. Rest assured, I don't just "spew" stuff out...there's always a good reason. And this time it's simple and you'll thank me for it later. Take 30 days and do NOTHING regarding wedding planning. You heard me - absolutely nothing.

Being engaged is a big milestone moment, just like getting married. I find that too many people simply rush into planning without savoring this special time. And yeah, it's pretty darn SPECIAL. Asking someone to spend the rest of their lives with you and saying "yes" to the proposal is life changing. It's also a period of time you cannot get back. So...enjoy the sparkle on your left hand, revel in the fact that you are about to start an amazing journey with the love of your life. Talk about your future - together. Discuss all of the wonderful things you are looking forward to. And don't let any hint of white lace, open bars or stretch limousines enter the conversation. This moment in time is about the two of you....

Trust me - there will be PLENTY of hours to dedicate to the planning of the shindig, and that's where professionals like me come into the picture. But for the next 30 days...it's all about the two of you. Take my advice...enjoy this time. Consider it the first "snapshot" of the new life you've got coming..........

3 comments:

UrDreamPlanner said...

Great post! I totally agree, it is really important to enjoy being engaged!! I love the 30 day rule!

Brittany

. said...

Wonderful advice! Keep blessing us with your wonderful advice!!

Crystal Milton said...

I will be reblogging this with props back to you! Thanks sooo much for this post! I try to tell brides all the time that the wedding only last one day so enjoy every moment leading up to it.