Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Premiere Wedding - Izabella & Dave

I was honored to act as the wedding coordinator for my assistant, Izabella, as she wed David Downs on a chilly December afternoon. Izabella has been with me for the past three years and is one of the most beautiful people (inside and out!) that I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. If you saw the episode on Style Network's "Married Away" where I was producing a destination wedding in the Grenadines - then you also saw Izabella, who graciously flew all of those miles to help me pull of that event. Oh - the stories we can share about that trip!!

It was that trip, however, that introduced Izabella (and me!) to the amazing photographic work of Ruth Rackley. When we saw the images from the island wedding, Izabella was adamant about having Ruth capture her special day on film. Izabella & Dave were engaged last Thanksgiving in front of Macy's in New York - they both play for the Baltimore Ravens Marching Band..and Dave proposed to her on bended knee in Heraldry Square - the rest is simply amazing.

From the deeply spiritual and traditional Catholic mass, complete with beautiful music and songs to the festive, Latin-inspired reception where everyone got down on the dance floor, this was a wedding full of love, emotion and glorious color! We even had a few snowflakes dancing around for good measure!! Check out the slideshow on Ruth's blog for the complete photostory...

Izzi & Dave - I wish you all the best!!!!!

No comments: