Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Economics Of Getting Hitched

photo credit
(Erin Patrice O'Brien for Time/Origami Roses by Tony Cheng - Origami USA)


As a member of NACE (National Association Of Catering Executives), many times we are asked as a group, about the trends we see on a nationwide basis. One of our recent surveys on how the current economic downturn is affecting weddings is featured in this month's Time magazine. You can read the online version here.

Everything that they are saying in the article is true - I've seen it with my clients. Hey, even I'm squawking at the price of gas and a dozen eggs..are you freakin' kidding me??? Suffice to say, while couples are looking at ways to trim costs, they still want nice, elegant, memorable affairs.
My advice? Determine what's most important to you - and spend based on that discovery. I am a true believer in "life after the wedding", so don't go broke saying "I Do". Instead, have the wedding celebration that you want and that you can truly afford. This is where having a great wedding planner comes in mighty handy - we can definitely show you the in's and out's of throwing a great shindig..and still be able to pump gas the next day :)

No comments: