Sunday, November 4, 2007

Guess Who?

I just wanted to "pop" my head in and let you know how things are going! My knee replacement surgery went well, thanks to Dr. Thomas Whitten and his excellent team @ Mercy Medical Center. I am at home, recouperating..slowly but surely. It's kinda funny - because I thought I'd be up and running around....not so. It takes time for 26 sutures to heal, for swelling to subside and for pain to dissapate.

I have started physical therapy and all I can say is "wow". No one told me that the pain would be enough to make my eyes cross ALL OF THE TIME!! But - I am a "troopette", so no pain -no gain. I used to think my pain tolerance was pretty darn good - until I had this surgery. I mean, shucks - I had two babies..so I thought nothing could outdo that level of pain. Au contraire - knee surgery will knock you on your behind!!!!

I am walking with a cane now - albeit slowly. Don't worry - I'll be back up to a reasonable amount of speed soon enough. It's my plan to be back in the office at "full tilt" after the holidays :)

I really and truly want to thank all of you for the kind words, many prayers, sweet thoughts, lovely cards and gorgeous flowers that have been sent my way. It did my heart good!!!
Thanks for thinking of this Diva......I appreciate it more than you'll ever know!!!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Dearest Diva, So happy to log on and see that you posted a blog. I have been checking. Glad to hear that you are healing well. I know that pain of knee and the mind blowing pain of physical therapy. Take it from me, it will get better, although it may not seem so right now. When I first hurt my knee, I almost came off the table when she touched it. So I understand. I also understand in physical therapy when they want to see your range of motion. All I can say is its worth it in the end. Wishing you many many many get well blessings and a healthy, speedy recovery. Take care of yourself. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Can't wait until you get back to the office. I have been keeping record of questions I have. Until then. Take care. Love you. In my heart and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Dear DIVA~

We will kindly make a delivery of those yummy Philadelphia hoagies and cheese steaks at your leasure...

Just say the word...

I'm waiting!

xoxoxo

The Queen of Hearts

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear your surgery was successful.

Della

Anonymous said...

I just downloaded the episodes of Who's Wedding is it anyway, from Itunes. I am to excited that there were on there. YAY!!! Your the bomb!

Anonymous said...

Well Ms. Diva, I am glad that you are home recoperating. I must say that because of you, I took the necessary steps to become a wedding planner. You have truly been an inspiration to me!!!! I am currently creating my first wedding as an official planner and would love to know if you have any advise for me?

Anonymous said...

Hi Linyette, hope you get better soon.Take it one day at a time.God is your strength.I really have questions about an upcoming event, but will ask them when you do get better.God Bless and Take Care.

Randi Martin said...

Hi Linyette

I'm glad to know that you are up and about but take your time. I hope to see you in Philly soon.

Best wishes!
Randi Martin

WoW Factor Events said...

Diva-

You are absolutely FABULOUS. I am so inspired by you! I've always had a niche for events, even in the corporate world but NOW...I am making it official and have decided to stop being boot-leg and get my certification. Thank you so much for being an inspiration. Every time I view the show with you on it, and I just pray for you that God will continue to bless the work of your hands.

Monique Lewis-Watson