Friday, March 2, 2007

Vino 100

is my newest "discovery"! I visited this quaint wine emporium on yesterday evening for a wine tasting/magazine distribution event and WOW is all I can say! While Vino 100 is a franchised operation, the owners of this particular establishment - Tim & Sharon Patton, really make you feel at home.

I'll admit it - I know a little, teeny something about wine. But in my profession - knowledge is power, so I'm really trying to up my game when it comes to "everything of the grape". Vino 100 offers at least 100 varieties of wine for $25 or less...which is right up my alley! I know that there are vintages out there which cost an arm, leg and the rights to your firstborn.....but I don't necessarily need all of that :) I want a good wine which tastes great and is appealing to my "baby" tastebuds......

I kinda nailed down last night that I prefer a sweeter wine.....dry flavorings do nothing for me. I sampled a wonderful sparkling wine called "Moscato diAsti" - LOVED it. So much so, that it's now in my fridge, waiting for me to pop it open. The cost? $12. Vino 100 also has a nice selection of wine accessories (saw some cute wine charms that I'm gonna go back and purchase), as well as other gourmet "condiments" like flavored olive oils and mustards. I also bought a lime & roased chile mustard by Olivier Napa Valley..which I plan on experimenting with this weekend. I'm thinking it will be yummy on some grilled chicken or maybe sea bass.........

So - if you are in the Owings Mills area of Baltimore, take a moment out to visit Vino 100. Their website is www.vino100owingsmills.com .....

No comments: