Friday, December 26, 2008

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

My last post was all about the 72 hours following the big "question"..but I'd be remiss if I didn't ask - "What does your ring look like?"

I admit to absolutely LOVING diamonds - in every way. When I got engaged all of those years ago, I had a simple solitaire - round cut, set with traditional 6 prongs. However - should I ever remarry (hey - you never know, it could happen!), I know what I want. I want a beautiful Asscher-cut ring, set in platinum. I'm not finicky about the carat weight, but I am a stickler for clarity and quality.

Not many folks are familiar with this style of diamond, but it is simply gorgeous! The way the stone is polished gives it a "hall of mirrors" effect, so no matter which way you view it - stunning is probably the only word you'll come up with....