Friday, February 1, 2008

What's Goin' On???

One of my all-time favorite songs by Marvin Gaye - I love it! So I think it's only fitting that I chose it for the title of my first blog entry of 2008...since a lot of you have been asking me the same question!!! I know that I've been absent for a minute, but hey...things have been uber-hectic around here!!!

We started off the year in Atlanta, Georgia at The Special Event Tradeshow and Conference - simply a MUST for any professional in the event planning industry! So much to do, so many new networking connections, tons of beautifully exciting new products and tools.. AND I was teaching a workshop at the conference! Judging from the response I received from my participants - the topic matter was on point and what they needed, which is just the way I like it!! I hope to be teaching again at the 2009 conference in sunny San Diego - I will keep you posted!!

After flying back in from Atlanta - I was off again, this time to the city of Brotherly (and now, Sisterly) Love..Philadelphia, PA.!! I was honored to be the guest speaker at a workshop for wedding planning professionals entitled "Designed For Success", given by my colleague, Deidre Gray. The workshop was great - and along with my fellow presenters Isis Petrie of POSH Events, LLC., Randi Martin of Always Fabulous Events, Debbie Wallace of Elegant Affairs LLC, and of course, the event's producer - Deidre Gray of Always A Positive Image, LLC. - I'm glad that we were able to give salient advice and excellent information to the ladies and gentleman present (yes - there was one guy in the house!!).

So now I am back home in Baltimore for a wee bit - but it's still busy nonetheless! I am working with some great couples and planning a few memorable celebrations....I promise to be a good girl this year and blog more...so hold me to it!

5 comments:

Randi Martin said...

I'm so glad I finally got to meet you in person. You and Robilyn are welcome back anytime (hopefully soon).

Smooches
Randi

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Diva!

I have been checking to see when you were going to post. Very happy to see that you are back and that all your travels were a success. Are the tickets on Sale for your Soiree in March?
Can't wait. Its great hearing from you!
Take care until next blog.

Anonymous said...

SO glad you're back to the blog Linyette. What a nice surprise during my daily check! Can't wait to read more.

Shayna

Isis said...

Hi Diva,

It was a blast spending the last 2 weeks with you and I was honored to present at "Designed for Success" with you. Glad to see you are back up and blogging and rested (I hope!). Come back and visit us anytime-we will check out Dale & Thomas and King of Prussia mall...good times!

Isis

Deidre Gray said...

I can't thank you enough for coming to Philly and spending time with us. It was a great experience and I had a blast with you and Robilyn. Thank you so much for your advice and for sharing yourself with us. Philly welcomes you back anytime. I am there for the Power Course too. See you soon.

Much love from the City of Brotherly Love and Sisterly Affection

Deidre