Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Aisle Style Recap

(acknowledgement menu - created by Diamond Minor Designs)


(pillows with a personal touch of bling - the jeweled pins are out of my collection!)

(this hotel pillow is normally burgundy chenille, but with a little bit of fabric - I gave it a new look!)


(a sparkling monogrammed pin is a great way to inject a bit of you and your spouse into the surrounding decor!)


(A luxurious "throw" to add panache to a chair - this was created with a cloth from my collection & a few gold tassels...)


(Sheila's beautiful orange-hued bouquet)

(another glimpse of the submerged orchid centerpieces)


(Simple orchids under water make for a stunning table focus)


(Another view of our crystal embellished floor lamp)


(A standard hotel floor lamp, transformed with florals, lighting and hanging crystals)


(Our design vignette signage)


(A few of the flowers we needed to make this baby POP!)


(The hotel lamp and couch - before)

( These crystals were painstakingly hand-strung by Sheila Smith)


(The always fun, ever-talented Gene Perkins of Perkins Event Lighting)


(Sheila & Chris from Richardson's Flowers)

(The title may be "Glamour - The AfterParty", but the setup sure isn't!)


(Here's what we started with at 7 a.m...)


I am recouperating from all of the excitement and hectic activity leading up to Baltimore Magazine's ultra-luxe Aisle Style event this past Sunday at the Hilton Baltimore. Many thanks go to the fine team at Baltimore Magazine including Jessie, Brittany and Janelle for the invitation to participate as a featured designer - I had so much fun coming up with my vignette!

Speaking of which - my project was entitled "Glamour - The AfterPARTY", which was quite fitting for this party DIVA :) Working in collaboration with my partners in "design crime", the talented Sheila Smith at Richardson's Flowers and Gene Perkins of Perkins Event Lighting, we crafted a pretty cool space - working with the existing structures of the hotel. That was the caveat - I could do whatever I wanted within the area, I just couldn't move the furniture out!

So...my thinking was to create a relaxing environment, with the right touch of bling and glam - for the new Mr. & Mrs (and their posse) to hang out and still savor the moment. Add in a few champagne cocktails and some tasty "nibbles" and we're good to go! For the final touch - Susan Childs at Select Event Rentals brought in a sinfully sheer caramel overlay with a raw silk undercloth & crystal encrusted table lamps, while my creative paper guru, Karron Minor of Diamond Minor Design took care of our menus and other printed collateral.

A few of my amateur pics are posted above - can't wait to get the professional ones up in a week or so!!

No comments: